Website design is constantly changing to adapt to consumers tastes. Each year there are specific strategies for design and development that companies should implement in order to get the most traffic to their sites and retain viewers once they get there. Here are some of the best website design tips from 2018 and the predicted ones for 2019.
Tips from 2018
- Home Page — The common elements of Home Pages in 2018 are the business’ logo placed in the top left corner, contact buttons on the top right, company values and call to action towards the top of the page.
- Header — CustomerThink says, “nearly half of total websites have a search feature embedded in the header” meaning the search feature is definitely something to implement. However, CustomerThink also mentioned that this was not as utilized on marketing sites.
- Footer — These footers should have a sign-up or a subscription box. Due to the prevalence of social media, most websites will have their social media profiles linked at the bottom of the screen.
- Overall Design — The design should be responsive and interactive – it should be able to flow among computer, tablet, and phone screens. Original elements can be implemented to keep people intrigued and to continue on your site.
- Animation and ChatBots are increasingly popular
Predicted Tips for 2019
- Speed — The Design writes about interacting with potential customers and how you have less than 3 seconds to make a good impression. Especially with the wide variety of and advancing websites, users are impatient and picky with what websites they choose to spend their time on.
- Mobile — Mobile versions of sites are crucial. Desktop is being rapidly replaced with mobile and this is causing many companies to adapt their sites to be mobile first in an attempt to provide a seamless user experience.
- Design — Design for 2019 will include a lot of pages with broken grids, asymmetrical layouts and shapes. Another trend will be single page sites where the user scrolls through the information instead of clicking to other pages. Utilizing video backgrounds is also gaining popularity in 2019.
- Chatbots — This is a trend from 2018 that will just keep growing in 2019. Chatbots provide users with the information they need as quickly as they want it.
2018 was packed with structural changes to sites. These changes created a fluidity across the web. The user experience was refined and shortened, because they know where certain elements should be on each website.
The transition to 2019 websites will be full of updated features. The focus is on speed, mobile first, unique and stand out design, and chatbots. These elements will draw audiences to your company’s site and keep audiences engaged once they are there.
If you don’t want the hassle of designing your own website, COMO Web Designs can do that for you and make sure you are up to date with the latest trends.