Social media is not just a place for Susie to post what she ate for dinner or Jake to rant about his night out with the boys; it is a business platform that has spanned way passed what it was originally intended to be. I already know what you’re thinking, the 21-year-old is writing about social media, what a shocker. I am writing this because it is important for you to know and why your business should use social media if you want it to flourish.
More and more people are interacting and joining social media sites regularly so don’t think that the social media craze is going away anytime soon, because it’s not. Your business MUST take advantage of these changing digital times if it wants to compete, survive and thrive in today’s fast-paced society.
The Proof is in the Pudding!
Did you know that 69% of adults are on social media? What do you see when you scroll through your Facebook feeds? Chances are you see (and have maybe even clicked) several “Sponsored Posts.” These are posts that savvy business owners use target new clients based on a specific demographics. Businesses that use social media generate more conversions by allowing their brand to reach their target audience on multiple platforms, interact with their audience, and connect with new clients.
The Numbers Don’t Lie
You don’t have to take my word for it though, here are the stats to back up my claims that a business should use social media:
According to a Lyfe Marketing article, an infographic published by Ambassador said that 71% of consumers are more likely to recommend a brand to others if they have a positive experience with it on social media. This implies that social media creates trust, and with more trust, your business will bring in more revenue. (If you want to read more about how social media gives your business an advantage you can also find that in this article, check it out it’s a good read!)
And here are some more stats because the numbers don’t lie:
- The number of social media-using adults has gone from 7% in 2005 to 69% just ten years later.
- Facebook ranked second in a December 2017 survey of senior ad buyers in the US as the platform to drive the most ROI. Google Search was named No. 1.
- Facebook ad revenue in the US is expected to outpace total print ad spending by 2019.
- 35% of Instagram users check Instagram multiple times a day and 51% open the app daily.
- The majority of Instagram users fall between 18-29 years old, which equates to roughly 60% of adults on the internet.
- 47% of marketers agreed Twitter was the best social media channel for customer engagement.
- In Q4 2017, Twitter estimated an average of 330 million monthly active users across the globe–a 4% increase from 2016.
Why Your Business Should Use Social Media
The world is turning to social media and this is how you can better reach your target audience. There are plenty of statistics online in addition to these that further demonstrate the importance of social media but if you want to take a closer look at the ones I posted you can find them and more at Lyfe Marketing and Sprout Social.
That’s it for now! I hope this sheds some light on why your business should use social media and some of the possibilities it offers. Since brands interact with different platforms in vastly different ways I thought I would save my tips on how you should use it for a future blog post that way I can really break it down; stay tuned for that in the near future! As for now please leave any comments below about your thoughts on the matter and how your business interacts with social media, we would love to hear from you!